Dear family,
It has been a great week!! I have learned so much and my heart is full because of the great blessings the Lord has given me. I found out on Saturday night that I'm being transferred!!! (I knew it was coming.) I will also be training a new missionary!! We will be in the Aspen Ward and we're white-washing (meaning there will be two brand new missionaries and we have to learn the area all at once). This will be a huge change for me, since I've only been in three wards for the first part of my mission, but I'm excited for the adventure. We'll be in the Kimball East Stake and the Soul Canyon Zone. I'm so excited!!
Our two wards are doing so great and there's so much work here that they are splitting our area! Sister White will stay with the Preston ward and two elders will take over the Mountain Vista ward. Knowing that I would soon be leaving, Sister White and I continued to work hard this week. I made a goal to bear my testimony to each of our investigators and make sure that they knew how much I love them. It has been a wonderful experience to ponder on the miracles that have happened here and to think of all the new brothers and sisters I gained. I feel like the wards and the people here are a lot stronger-- not so much because of me, but because of what happens when the members and the leaders become one with the missionaries.
I have learned that Alma 26:12 is true. In the Lord's strength I can do all things. I know I was meant to be here and I'm excited because 3 of our investigators are getting baptized on February 22. Hopefully I'll be able to come back for those. It's kind of funny how that happens... I counted and I think that about 13 of the investigators I helped teach have been baptized, but only 2 of them were in our area when they were baptized.
I have learned that when I turn to the Lord, I see so many improvements in myself. He shows me my weaknesses because He loves me and wants to help me with them. I can apply the Atonement to my life every day and turn to Him every day for help. I've made a new goal to recognize and actively pray for help in changing my thoughts. I'm working on having uplifting, edifying, positive thoughts by memorizing scriptures and hymns. This week Sister White and I memorized Mosiah 4:27. We have been working on diligence.
We got to go to the temple this week!!! It was so uplifting and I felt like I really needed the added strength. I was reminded that as my understanding of the Atonement grows, I will heave a greater desire to share the gospel. We also go to go a place called Backyard Taco and I got to try the cinnamon drink that I can't remember the name for. It was awesome!
We have had miracles this week!!! We made it a goal to have members with us every hour and so far, it has brought many great blessings. One miracle was that our investigator, Sheila, who is Jehovah's Witness prayed for the first time!!! We have been teaching her since August and she's finally letting the gospel become a big part of her life. During these lessons Sister White and I were able to teach with unity in lessons we didn't even plan.
On Saturday we had an activity where we pretended to give our homecoming talks to the rest of our zone. It was crazy to think that I will be coming home in less than a year. I want to make every moment count! Giving this pretend talk made me realize the things I want to do to become the missionary I want to be and to live up to the privileges the Lord has given each of us as covenant children.
Yesterday we gave talks in church and we've been saying bye to the people here. I have felt so much peace knowing I was meant to serve here and I know that it's time for me to leave. I know the Lord is in charge and He calls those He prepares and He qualifies us as we go. This next week is going to be crazy, but I know the Lord doesn't ask us to do anything that He won't help us with.
Thanks for all your love and support!!! I really really appreciate it. I know this gospel is true. I know that our Father has a Plan for each of our lives and that our Savior, Jesus Christ makes it possible for us to find true happiness. I love this work! I love each of you! Have a great week!!
Love, Sister Sallstrom
No comments:
Post a Comment