Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Dear family,

I hope you're all having a great St. Patrick's day!! It's really special for us because Sis. C. is full Irish and it's a big deal in her family. She even got a package! We are having corned beef for dinner and we are reminiscing all our St Patricks memories.

This week was great! We got to do lots of service.... We dug out an irrigation ditch with the Boy Scouts of the ward and also pick weeds for a cute old Bingham couple, and pick citrus with the wonderful Walker family (this is the kind of work I love, the kind that we get to sweat and get dirty:) It was lots of fun and I got to make lots of fun analogies while we were doing it. One of my favorites has to do with my hands. They got all torn up from the weeds and front the trees and I got a pretty big blister that popped. They were pretty cut up. This made me think of Christ and how much his hands must have hurt during the Atonement. In comparison, my pain was nothing. I worked hard and did my best and we were really tired after working for 4 hours in the sun, but my sacrifice was nothing compared to Jesus Christ's. On my mission I make a few sacrifices and feel some pain and experience some trials, but mine don't even come close to His. No matter how much I give, He will always bless me above what I give and make more of the effort I have. I have to work pretty hard to help others receive getting gospel, but all that I do is swallowed up in what He has done for all of us. I'm so grateful for how my testimony is growing and how the truths of the gospel are sinking deeper into me. An added bonus is that we got to take lots of citrus home and they let us borrow their juicer, so we have had the best orange and tangerine juice ever!!!

Last Monday was the best pday ever!! We got to go out with some sisters, Hermana Haynes and Brons and go to winco (my new favorite store) and then to 5 Guys and then we got our hair done at the Thomas's house and then have pizza with our ward mission leader and our favorite person to teach, a 23 year old named Angel.



Then we got to teach 2 others lessons and have one of them at family home evening with our investigator who is getting baptized this week. His name is Branden and he is awesome!! He's 14 years old, but mature for his age and he has strong faith. He moved in with his grandparents a few months ago and they are members and he's been coming to church with them. He's also been going to mutual and he has lots of friends in the ward. He went and did service with us and he is totally willing to help. When we came, we heard that his mom wouldn't give him permission to be baptized, but it turns out that she changed her mind. It was a miracle! I can't believe how easy it seems like this has been, it's like everything lined up perfectly. I feel like The Lord is blessing us so much... Branden for his goodness, our ward for being such great missionaries, Sister Clift for coming on her mission, me for struggling so much to help others reach the step of baptism...we are all just so blessed!!

On Tuesday we had zone conference and it was awesome! I LOVE President Jenkins and I know he is a man called of God. He helped us see that we just need to focus on our purpose and everything else will fall into place. I have seen miracles come from doing this! Focusing on my purpose means focusing on Christ and the Gospel, both living it and accessing the Atonement daily and helping others do the same. On Thursday we were praying so hard to find a new investigator because we didn't have any planned lessons  and we ended up visiting a former and she and her daughter were super nice and said we could come back!!! It was a miracle!! I have never been more excited to share the gospel than I do now. As I learn more about the atonement the greater desire I have to share it with others.

I want to love my mission so much that when I go home I will never stop sharing the gospel. I want to be a missionary forever, like the 3 Nephites. Thanks for all your love and support!! I love you all!!! :)

 Love, Sister Sallstrom

P.S, As Easter approaches, I want to invite each of you to study the atonement and what it means in your life. President Jenkins gave us a wonderful booklet of talks to study from now until Easter and I will be sharing what I learn.

P.P.S. I got to play the viola yesterday!! The teenage son of the family we ate dinner with had one... I'm a little rusty but it was fun. Sister C. and I are good at having fun together... She helps me be myself and I help her stay focused on missionary work. It's great! I know I'm meant to be here right now and with Sis C.

-----

This picture was sent in a text message from a member in Sister Sallstrom's area:

We absolutely love having your sister serve in our ward. They came out to support the young women at their softball game and now they are even playing! She is awesome! Thanks for sharing her with us!
Sister Thomas


Sister Sallstrom also sent these pictures with the letter although she didn't say who / when:




No comments:

Post a Comment