Monday, August 11, 2014

Letter from a while ago...

The following was written August 11, 2014 but just recently sent to us (09/01/2014)

---

There are a few things I really wanted to share this week! One thing is that I have never ever been so tired in my life. I came home a few nights this week so exhausted that I could barely think or even keep my eyes open during nightly planning. We are trying to work so hard and I feel like I've been losing myself in the work. On these nights it's good to know and remember that I have given my all to The Lord that day. I have given every ounce of effort and energy I have to give. It does take effort to listen to the Spirit, to focus during lessons, to figure out practical problems (like getting locked out of he church, like we did on Saturday), to go through a range of emotions when some of our investigators are progressing and doing great and when some are struggling or don't realize how much the gospel would help them if they only listened and gave it a chance.

We go through so many emotions in a day. It feels like trying to juggle while riding a unicycle sometimes. And yet, I am so happy and feel so blessed to be on a mission: this is the one time in my life that I will represent Jesus Christ, that I will serve Him and focus on finding His children and teaching them the restored gospel. This is the one time that I will do this every day and get to see so many miracles and how peoples' lives change over time.

I love my companionship! I know we are meant to be and I'm learning a lot with these sisters and from them. We have been focusing on actually achieving our goals we set (every week we make personal and companion goals to improve individually and as a companionship) and it has helped a lot. We keep each other accountable and we cheer each other on. Another thing we have focused on is being positive and cheerful. We want to let our happiness show! We want to help others to be uplifted and happy, just by seeing us. We love looking at people in other cars and waving at them to brighten their day. It's so fun! I also love in D&C 68 where The Lord promises that he will stand by us. We can be confident and calm because if we are smiling and cheerful, we can invite others and make them want to join us in Christ's church.

A few other highlights from the week.....

We got to feed our investigator's cat while she went out of town and it was SO fun! The cat's name is Baby Doll. I learned how to scoot poop... What a great skill to learn.

We never know when what we do will have a great effect on someone. I taught a gospel principles class three weeks ago and a sister told me today how she needed to hear that lesson and she felt prompted to go to that class that day.

We don't need to worry as much as we do. Just like a young child can freak out at times when they get hurt or they're afraid, we are like them sometimes. When kids get scared, we sometimes laugh because we know it's not such a big deal and that it will work out. Heavenly Father knows that some of the things we worry about are small and they will work out too. We don't need to stress!

We are teaching the most amazing lady ever named Marybeth!! I love her and her boys, Tatum and Tray-Ce.

We have been reflecting on miracles every time we drive home and it helps us see how much The Lord is helping us in the work.

Love, Sister Sallstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment